Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
The purpose of this Christian school shall be to provide a creative, loving academic environment for students to grow socially, emotionally, physically, academically, and spiritually through individual and group learning experiences under the guidance and nurture of carefully chosen Christian teachers, administrators, and under Lordship of Jesus Christ.
It shall be the purpose of Canyonside Christian School to encourage all students to grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to emphasize the value of the eternal soul, the worth of the individual, the love of God for man, and the kinship of all people as taught in the Holy Scriptures, while providing students with the opportunity for achieving academic excellence.
CCS Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one God eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelations 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrections of life and they that are lost into the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, I Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
Canyonside Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.